Visible Systems Corporation
24 School Street, 2nd floor Boston, MA 02108
In this Website Privacy Statement ("statement"), Visible Systems Corporation, provides information about how we collect, use and transfer personally identifiable data from you, an individual person and website visitor, through Visible's publicly accessible websites (any of our websites such as https://www.visiblesystemscorp.com that can be accessed without a password) and on which we post a direct link to this statement (collectively the "site").
This statement covers only data collected through the site and not any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation, data collection practices of webpages to which the site links, or data that we or our affiliates collect offline or through webpages that do not display a direct link to this statement, for example, the Amazon Web Services applications on which we host data for registered customers like Visible. Types of Data and Collection Methods Through the site, we receive data that you actively submit as well as data that we track:
- Actively Submitted Data: When you request information, subscribe to a mailing list or for a service, respond to an online survey or otherwise actively send us data, we usually collect data such as your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and certain information related to the business you represent such as number of employees and industry type. You can opt-out of providing information by not entering it when asked and, if such information is required in order to allow us to respond to you inquiry, you will receive a notice advising you of this. In each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the site, because you actively submit it.
- Combinations: Unless you also actively submit personal information such as your name or address, passively tracked data does not typically allow us to identify you personally (even though it can theoretically be done, we do not have the means or interest to find out who you are unless you identify yourself voluntarily through an active submission of data). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine passively tracked data with personal data that you actively submit.
- Collection Purposes, Use of Data: We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our site and our systems, to better understand preferences of our site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about site usage, and to help personalize your experience on our site. We collect actively submitted data primarily for two purposes: Firstly, for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data (e.g., to provide information to you or sign you up for a free trial); and secondly, for purposes of contacting you to further discuss your interest in our company, the services we provide and ways we can improve them to provide information on services, promotions, and events. You can opt-out of receiving marketing emails as explained below.
- Disclosures of Personal Information: We are not in the business of selling or renting your information to telemarketers and we do not share your personally identifiable information with others. We may share your information as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others' legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer, or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Also, we reserver the right to fully use and disclose any information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as statistics and survey results that do not identify you individually by name).
- Opt-Out: In connection with promotions or other projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision. To opt-out of receiving commercial communications from Visible please click on the "opt-out" link in the communication or, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon appropriate request we will usually be glad to update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
- Security: Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Effective Date, Amendments This statement is effective as of July 1, 2016. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this statement from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the statement the date it was last updated. When you visit the site, you are accepting the current version of this statement as posted on the site at that time. We recommend that users revisit this statement on occasion to learn of any changes.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, complaints, or suggestions you might have regarding the information practices described in this statement. You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at Visible Systems Corporation - 24 School Street, 2nd floor Boston, MA 02108