Applied Structured Systems Analysis
Introduction to Data Modeling
- Create a preliminary Entity Relationship Diagram
- Identify candidate fundamental entities from the Event List and create in the Visible Analyst
- Perform normalization on a partial list of data elements defined in the Case Study
- Match normalized data groupings to entities from the Event List and enter them into the Visible Analyst
- Identify and create primary keys for the entities
- Identify candidate attributive entities from the remaining data element groups
- Identify and create primary keys for these entities
- Refine the Entity Relationship Diagram
- Check the assignment of data elements to the entities
- Refine many-to-many relationships by creating associative entities
- Create (or transform) an entity when one or more data elements describe the interaction of two or more entities
Click on the link below to view a short demonstration of the "Introduction to Data Modeling" video.
Contact Us for more information and licensing options.